Monday, November 10, 2008
Grateful for Family
It was very rewarding to spend time with much of our family over the weekend as we attended Anne's wedding in Utah. We had everyone from the LeBras side together for most of the weekend, and we even got to drop in on the Richards for an awesome lunch with Matt, Spencer, and Dave's families. Overall for the weekend, we ate too much good food, we enjoyed hours of catching up and good family time, and we took a lot of pictures (ugh). Congratulations Anne and Brandon!
One interesting thing that came out of our trip to Utah is rather than getting our fix of family, it really just gave us a taste and made us realize we should probably go for Christmas (yes, this has been up in the air). I won't say the decision is final yet, but there's a good chance we'll be packing up and making the snowy trek East at some point this holiday season.
I got a call from Delta airlines this morning saying they had one of our bags containing our video camera and digital camera. Interestingly enough, we didn't even realize we had left it... I guess when you travel with four kids, and some of the family is in panic bathroom mode when the flight lands, it's easy to leave items behind. We're very glad we put our name on the bag (I distinctly remember telling Angela, "you don't have to put our name on that, we'll have it with us the whole time"... good thing she doesn't listen to me!), and that the airline found it and not someone else. We would've really been scratching our heads when Micah's play rolls around this weekend wondering where our camera is.
And randomly, we finally got around to watching Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull, and I think it's quite possibly the WORST movie I have ever seen. I fell asleep during it, and I NEVER fall asleep watching movies. Don't rent it, don't borrow it, don't even talk about it - it's that bad.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
That Crystal Skull movie, oh man. I watched it on Delta and I turned it off after 40 minutes because it was boring and predictably bad. Kinda sad to see an Indiana Jones movie that would make you want to turn it off...sorta like the newer Star Wars movies. Oh well.
We're sad we didn't get to see you guys! I'm glad you had a great whirlwind trip though.
About Indiana...we totally agree! We absolutely hated it. Seriously, aliens and space ships??? I just heard that it's been nominated for a People's Choice Award--against Iron Man and Dark Knight. Yeah right! Good luck with that one!
Post a Comment