Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Opera a La Carte

The kids' school has the fairly unique opportunity of performing an opera with the San Francisco Opera traveling company at their school.  Micah featured prominently in this year's production (surprise), and here are a few pictures.

Our travels over the weekend seem to have inspired a touch of the cold/flu for me, and I've been trying to fight it off since Saturday.  I think today I'm finally succumbing...

On a different note, I'm currently reading a John Grisham book called The Last Juror.  It's been a very long time since I read Grisham because there was a period of time during which that was basically all I read.  Of course I got tired of his books, but since it's been so long, I'm enjoying this read.  It's a different style than I've been reading lately and it's a refreshing change.  I've also been reading periodically from a book called Himalayan Quest, by 
Ed Viesturs.  It's about his quest to climb all the world's tallest 
mountains - 14 of them - over 8,000 meters tall.  The photography is amazing, and the stories are chilling.  If I had to narrow my list down to two 
things I'd never do, it'd be climbing Everest, and riding a bull.

It's chilly today...when's spring?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey John, Brandon and I were glad you guys could all come down. It was such a whirlwind of a weekend, that I didn't feel like I got to spend hardly any time with any of you guys, so I think you're going to have to come out for Christmas! Glad you all survived the quick trip! It was great seeing everyone all together! I miss that!