Monday, November 17, 2008

Opening Nights

Micah's Sound of Music production opened on Saturday with a spectacular 3-hour production.  She was fabulous, the whole cast did well, the sets were amazing, and Brig fell asleep on my shoulder for the second half - all was good.  Micah did very well, and as usual had many friends there to support her and the other kids.  We are very grateful to all our friends for their support, and for the flowers - Micah had a literal armful of flowers after the performance.  We have great friends.  Micah had another performance last night, and then there's a break until the final three performances this coming Friday, Saturday, and Sunday.  Grandma and Papy LeBras will come out for the Saturday show, so it'll be fun to have family in attendance.

I also went with a group of buddies to the new James Bond movie, Quantum of Solace, on opening night.  Let me tell you, that's a hugely entertaining show!  I love Daniel Craig as James Bond - none of the pathetic pansy boy Pierce Brosnans as Bond - this guy is awesome.  While the show is aggressive, action packed and intense, it is also violent, so maybe not for the squeamish, although I'm going to take Angela and I'm sure she'll be fine.  One great thing is that other than the typical Bond intro montage, there are surprisingly few bond girl "make me nervous" scenes, or even innuendo.  It was refreshing and welcome how much of the movie focused on real action, and not on other "action".

No comments: