Tuesday, September 30, 2008
Strange Kids
We have a tradition at our home where each night around the dinner table we ask each child what was the highlight of their day. I know I've talked about this before, but it periodically presents some interesting views into what the kids are thinking, and what stands out in their minds from their day. Here's a look at a couple of interesting responses from yesterday...
Morgan said her highlight of the day was "going to the dentist". This was very unexpected because she was there to get two cavities filled. She explained she liked the feeling when they put the thing on her nose (gas mask), and it made her not feel her arms and hands. She also has a silver tooth now - not a silver filling in her tooth - an actual silver tooth. It's quite impressive really, and she was certainly not shy about showing it to her classmates today on the fieldtrip I got to drive for. Bottom line is, I'm not really sure I want my kids liking the dentist visits so they can get the cool gas. Besides, who likes dentists?! And I don't care how many stickers, toys, and pencils they get for being good.
Micah said her highlight was going back to school after the weekend. What??? Who says that? What kid says the best thing about their Monday was that the weekend was over and they got to go back to school? Hmm.
Brig said his highlight was playing with Joey and Sam, which is what he says every single night, regardless of whether he actually played with Joey and Sam. It turns out he really did play with them yesterday, and he just can't get enough of his two little buddies. He's been talking for weeks now that he gets to sleep over at Joey and Sam's house when Ang and I go to St George this weekend - hopefully he still likes it when he's actually doing it.
Can't remember which of the seven things Kennan listed as her highlight was her actual favorite, but I'll go with "having dinner with my family", since that's invariably my highlight as well. We have a great family, and if we can get over the occasional squabbles and arguments, we're a pretty happy gang.
So what was the highlight of your day?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I love reading your BLOG eventhough I never comment. I guess the highlight of my day was that our water heater broke....ok, not such a highlight. Have fun in St. George! Should be a blast.
my day? perhaps when it took me over 10 minutes to get ezra in his car seat once going somewhere and once coming back. that kid is STRONG when he is mad. and is stiff like a board.
no, i guess the real highlight is when he was all sweet to me after that little episode...
Post a Comment