Tuesday, September 2, 2008
Oh yeah, I forgot...
Sometimes I forget there's a Higher Power that can be a guide and help for me. I've been feeling quite a bit of stress lately for a lot of reasons, one of which was a project at work I spent basically all of last week on without getting the right answer. I had a sincere prayer this morning, asking for specific help on that project, and wouldn't you know it, within an hour and a half I had found the right answer and was completely done. It's awesome to have help like that - I just need to remember to have the faith to work, ask, and wait.
We had a really fun Labor Day weekend. We had two BBQs at our house, a pool party at some friends', bike and scooter rides, new bikes for Kennan and Morgan (Kennan's old bike), Ang did a 22 mile run, I sat on my can (IT band - knee - injured and hurting), and ate a lot of good food.
Yeah, my knee's been hurting me the last three runs I've done. I get out about 3 miles and it really starts killing. It has all the characteristics of IT band syndrome, so I've been icing and resting as much as possible, and I'm trying to find an IT band strap to wear in the hopes that my training won't be utterly and completely derailed. Did I mention I'm going to die during the marathon? Yep, I'm gonna...
Some great college football over the weekend. Of course the Cougs won, although I'd like to just forget that 3rd quarter. Utah looked good against Michigan, although I have to admit there were times when I thought they weren't so much good as they were not as bad as Michigan. Did anyone see the UCLA-Tennessee game? Wow, pretty exciting - they're going to be very tough for BYU in a couple weeks.
I'm also using Google's latest and greatest new product, Google Chrome. It's Google's own internet browser, similar to Internet Explorer (Microsoft), Mozilla Firefox, and Apple Safari. The idea was for Google to combine the best of all of those browsers into one super browser, which is of course open sourced for all to use and build applications for. I have to say I'm impressed - it seems faster and very easy to use. They are careful to remind us it's a beta product, and will have many upgrades coming, so it's not perfect now, but not too bad so far. You can download at google.com/chrome.
Ang and I get our DVDs in the mail through Blockbuster and we really like the service. During the olympics we hardly watched anything else, so it's fun to get back into watching DVDs periodically. We watched "21" over the weekend - I found it entertaining, Angela didn't like it because she was just waiting for something bad to happen the whole time.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Good luck with that knee problem, John. That's frustrating. But do ya think it's cause you're gettin' old? You may want to consider that possibility... just a suggestion.
Post a Comment