Thursday, September 11, 2008

The world of Blogs

Judging by the fact that you are reading this, it's apparent you're at least somewhat familiar with blogs.  I think a lot people don't realize, though, the enormity of the blog world out there.  You can find blogs for absolutely everything.  Many people, myself included, make a practice of checking in on a select group of blogs every day, or even multiple times a day.  A good way to find good blogs is to click on a few of the blog links on almost every other blog (look to your right and you'll see my Important Links pointing you to family and friends' blogs).

I thought I'd share with you a few of the blogs I really enjoy (I won't list the family and friends' blogs, because that goes without saying - JUST WISH THEY UPDATED MORE OFTEN!!!):

BYU FOOTBALL:
Quinn Gooch's BYU blog: Quinn was a starter on BYU's defense the last few years and he has some awesome things to say about the current team, opponents, and football and BYU in general.

DesNews BYU blog: Dick Harmon is one of my favorite newspaper guys who covers the Cougs.

SLTrib BYU blog: Jay Drew works hard to stay updated on developments and is usually good for a few posts a day.

KSL BYU blog: Greg Wrubell, the Voice of the Cougars, writes a pretty good blog as well.  He doesn't update as often as the others, and he relies a lot on podcasts and audio segments of interviews, which I'm not really interested in as much.

GOOGLE:
Official Google blog: I work here, so it stands to reason...

Official Gmail blog: I don't follow this all the time, but they have some great tips and tricks, and they're always throwing out new stuff here that makes my life easier.

I'm realizing now there are too many other blogs that I read occasionally, but not seriously enough to post here.  So just know that I read blogs about running, charity and philanthropy, technology, business, startups, and sports.  Go find some yourself...


No comments: