Monday, September 8, 2008

A new week

OK, so I got a little lazy last week in not posting since Tuesday.  Maybe not so much lazy as just a bit too busy to spend time on a quality post, and I don't want to bore you with anything less than my best.  I'll see if things can go a little better this week, or at least set my sights a little lower.

We had a pretty good weekend.  Kennan did well in her soccer game, even though it was very hot and the games at her new Under-10 level are longer than she's used to.  She's one of the smallest players on the field, but she runs well and is particularly good at defense.  Kennan also had a fun trip to San Francisco in a stretch limo with her friend's family for a swanky work party that was going to include a bunch of fun kid activities.  You should have seen all the kids when the limo pulled up to our house...

Micah tried out for another PYT play, The Sound of Music, and got call backs for a couple of parts.  She's excited, and we're happy that she's doing well in something she loves.  The try-outs took hours, and Angela was nice to stay the whole time in support.

We have two neighborhood friends with swimming pools who have been kind in offering to have our kids come swim.  So we got in some good swim time on Friday and Saturday, which felt good in the heat.

Brig continues to potty train, and he's pretty much perfect now at not having accidents in his undies during the days.  We haven't tried the night-time undies yet because he's hit and miss with wet vs. dry diapers.  He loves to pee on the grass, and will stand there and swivel his hips as he goes with a big smile on his face.  

Ang and I met some close BYU friends up in SF for a fun evening and dinner on Saturday night.  It was really enjoyable to go up there and drive around, and then we ate at a nice Thai restaurant called Koh Samui and the Monkey.  Great food, and awesome to see our old friends.

I watched the BYU vs. Washington game.  I thought both teams played very well at times, and despite our outgaining them, our turnovers made it a closer game than it should have been.  You've probably seen the controversy at the end of the game splashed all over ESPN, but I don't care - a win's a good win, especially on the road to a PAC 10 team.  Texas also looked dominating against UTEP on Saturday night.

We also had some new/good friends over for a BBQ Sunday evening.  We've only recently gotten to know them better, and it's fun because the wife is someone I hung out with in Jr. High.  We had a great time with them, and we're now bummed because they're putting their house up for sale and moving back east for his job in NY.  Ang is particularly sad because Melissa is her marathon training buddy this year.

We've had a ton of BBQs at our house lately, which is fun.  I've also gotten quite good at marinating and cooking chicken and pork chops.  Because I've now done it time and time again, I know just how hot to make the grill, and how long to leave the meat on.  Maybe it's time to graduate to steaks, right Sam?  

Angela and I fasted for our Provo house yesterday, and we were both grateful for the opportunity to do so.  I'm not what you would call the world's greatest faster, but I stayed strong and focused the whole day.  It felt good to be doing something good that will surely help us fulfill our righteous desires.  Depending on how some things work out, I'll share more about this later.

Have a great week.

1 comment:

samandbrodi said...

You need to graduate to the steaks...with that said, I can't cook chicken if my life depended on it. You teach me how to cook up chicken and I'll teach you how to cook up a rockin' ribeye.

That Y-Washington game was wild. BYU was the better team that day even with all of the confusion at the end.