Friday, September 19, 2008
Bitter Sweet
I finally accepted the reality yesterday and today that my efforts to overcome my current knee injury in time to complete my training and run the marathon two weeks from tomorrow are futile and doomed. I just haven't been able to run without pain, and as if to confirm my decision, the knee's been more painful than ever all day today. I'm bummed and disappointed.
But strangely, once I sort of got comfortable with that decision, I've had a smallish feeling of relief now that I don't have to worry about the pain and about how I was possibly going to run. It's nice to know there are other years, and hopefully I will be able to pick back up next year and run injury free.
Yesterday was spent at a team-building event up in San Francisco where we broke up into a bunch of different teams and had a scavenger hunt around the city. It was fun, and very entertaining. Micah and I are headed with some church friends up to the Oakland A's game tonight, and then next Monday Angela and I are meeting some close friends from Austin up in SF again for dinner at a very swanky French restaurant.
I had "the talk" with Micah this morning. No, not THAT talk!!!! Micah lost two more teeth last night, and then when the tooth fairy forgot to come (again) last night, I had to clear up the legitimacy of that particular myth for her. I considered blaming it (as usual) on an over-worked fairy, but in the end decided she's plenty old enough to know the truth. She had already guessed, of course, that the TF was really the big J all along, but I think it just cleared it up for her so there's no question. Phew, glad we got that talk out of the way. Ang, your turn for the next one...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment