Monday, September 22, 2008
Evening of Refined Sophistication
I know, the first thing you think of when you think of Angela and me is not sophistication. If you have observed my eating habits, you will also readily agree that I'm not necessarily one with a discerning palate (although I can discern the difference between a Big Mac and a Whopper). So you'll be interested to know that Angela and I are going up to the city tonight to eat at a very posh French restaurant called Fleur de Lys.
I generally get worried about a restaurant when they don't list the prices on their online menu. Worried not because of the food or environment, but because it's likely the kind of restaurant where "if you have to ask the price, you probably shouldn't be here". However, we're very excited for tonight, and would pay a high price indeed, because we get to see some great friends from Austin who are in San Francisco and wanted to see us. We're particularly excited because the last time we did this with them, they found out shortly thereafter that the wife had very serious cancer, and we weren't sure we'd ever see her again. But she's doing well, and we're grateful they thought of us on their trip out here.
I'll report on the evening tomorrow if I've recovered well enough to string some thoughts together.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment