
Monday, September 15, 2008
Quest for Perfection

Oh My!!! With the hacks on ESPN ridiculing BYU as being the most overrated 2-0 team in the country, the entire nation thinking the only way BYU beat Washington last week was with the help of the refs, with football fans everywhere mocking BYU's quest for perfection, the Boys in Blue needed a big week. The table was set perfectly - PAC 10 team blowing into town with a swagger having just beat another ranked SEC team, most of the world predicting an upset...
And the Cougs came out and gave the "mighty" Bruins the beatdown of the year! They were AWESOME!!! I can't overstate how huge a 59-0 win over a big-name program was for us. It was the best. As I was watching the game, the kids were laughing because, especially during the big 35-point 2nd quarter, I was repeatedly scaring them with my whoops and exclamations of joy.
The aftermath is nice - Max Hall earned National Player of the Week honors with his 7 touchdown passes; the Cougs are now ranked as high as 11th in the country, and even on the local sports radio station on my way into work this morning they were talking about how great BYU is ... and these guys are total PAC 10 honks. And of course, I had to reward my UCLA alum coworker this morning with a huge Y logo taped to his computer screen to greet him as he arrived in to work. It's a beautiful day!
On another note ...
Brig has figured that ageless and classic thing that all little kids figure out - although I'm not sure they get it while still only 2 years old... Brig has found the power of those three little words: "Mom said yes." Over the weekend, multiple times I told him not to do something and he replied without breaking stride: "Mom said yes." What a crack up.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
If only you could have witnessed it in person with us...We're all still on a high! Not only was the game so fun because we played so well and won, but the energy of the crowd was so great! We really shut the UCLA fans up--they just sat there in their little corner with nothing to cheer about...ever.
Post a Comment