Friday, August 29, 2008
Labor Day Weekend
Brig has been running a fever yesterday and last night - in fact it got pretty high last night and he was a really hot little boy. The medicine seemed to help out so we weren't worried, but this morning he seemed a little delirius, or at least he was jabbering about all kind of funny things. Angela looked at me and laughed, asking if I gave him a shot during the night to make him crazy. He heard the word shot, and as all young boys should, immediately knew we were talking about basketball. He said something about not being able to shoot the two big balls in the basket yet, because "I need to get tall like Jesus".
As I wrote in Thursday's blog post, it really felt like a Friday yesterday. If it felt like Friday yesterday, you can imagine how work's going today. So the Labor Day weekend is starting a little early, at least mentally if not physically. We don't have any big plans for the weekend, but it doesn't matter, it should be fun.
I've been frustrated with my running this week. I've been having a painful knee problem a few miles into my runs, that is quite persistent and hard to shake (for you runners, think IT band). I think it's somewhat related to tight and sore muscles throughout my right leg (pulled hamstring, etc.), but I can't figure out the right stretches to make it go away. So I decided to take the rest of the week off and hopefully a little rest will make it better by next week.
Have a great and safe weekend.
As I wrote in Thursday's blog post, it really felt like a Friday yesterday. If it felt like Friday yesterday, you can imagine how work's going today. So the Labor Day weekend is starting a little early, at least mentally if not physically. We don't have any big plans for the weekend, but it doesn't matter, it should be fun.
I've been frustrated with my running this week. I've been having a painful knee problem a few miles into my runs, that is quite persistent and hard to shake (for you runners, think IT band). I think it's somewhat related to tight and sore muscles throughout my right leg (pulled hamstring, etc.), but I can't figure out the right stretches to make it go away. So I decided to take the rest of the week off and hopefully a little rest will make it better by next week.
Have a great and safe weekend.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment