Friday, August 15, 2008

Dan's gone and Other...

It's been so fun to have Dan and Hailey and Preston in California with us for most of the summer. Hailey and Preston have been gone now for a few weeks, but Dan's been finishing up his internship by working long hours and completing his projects. And today it ends - he's done a good job and we're all hopeful that a full-time job offer will follow within the next couple of months. It's been great for me to have a tennis and golf partner - I'm going to miss Dan.

Bad news on the running front. My long-time running partner and friend, Jason, who has been battling plantar fasciatis for months now, has finally succumbed and will not be able to run the marathon. Of course that's bad news for him; it's also bad news for me as it's exponentially harder to train alone, especially in this critical time of long runs and intense preparation. Luckily I can still run with Angela and her group, but not quite the same.

Speaking of running, I'm very excited for another of Google's speaker series guests scheduled for next week. Ultramarathon extraordinaire, Dean Karnazas, he of the 50 marathons in 50 days in 50 states, is comeing to speak. Seriously can't wait!

I rode my bike in to work today and wondered repeatedly why I haven't been doing it more often. It was very relaxing, and it made me feel good that I saved gas and got a little bit of exercise. I'll be doing that more often.

I need the Olympics to end. I stayed up until 1am this morning watching the coverage for some dumb reason, and I'm going to pay for it in about 5 minutes.

No comments: