Monday, August 18, 2008
12 days...
I'm a countdown sort of guy. I like to think ahead to an event for which I'm excited, and then my mind just automatically starts generating how many days, or hours, or whatevers until the event. So as any of you who know me well can guess, it's 12 days until the college football season kicks off. That's 12 days until all the practice reports, the prognostication, the anticipation, and hype, the guessing, and the waiting all end. I'll talk more about my teams next week as we get closer.
Today and tomorrow are the last two days of "summer" for the kids. Wednesday is the first day of the new school year, and the kids are somewhat excited. I think they'll love getting back to seeing their friends, and if their new teachers do a good job, they'll have fun getting back to learning. I think what they're not looking forward to is getting up early and homework. It will be nice to get the piles of school supplies off our kitchen counter.
We continue to make slow progress toward getting the house organized and things put away. I know it's been almost 2 months since we moved, but with our trip and other things going on, we haven't been the best at making everything perfect at home yet. The last couple of weekends have been productive though, and by this time next year we should be good to go.
Today and tomorrow are the last two days of "summer" for the kids. Wednesday is the first day of the new school year, and the kids are somewhat excited. I think they'll love getting back to seeing their friends, and if their new teachers do a good job, they'll have fun getting back to learning. I think what they're not looking forward to is getting up early and homework. It will be nice to get the piles of school supplies off our kitchen counter.
We continue to make slow progress toward getting the house organized and things put away. I know it's been almost 2 months since we moved, but with our trip and other things going on, we haven't been the best at making everything perfect at home yet. The last couple of weekends have been productive though, and by this time next year we should be good to go.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment