Friday, May 4, 2007

NEW AND EXCITING FEATURE!

As promised a while ago, I'm instituting a new feature on the blog. I'm sure everyone's so sick of hearing about our family, and stuff that interests me as I'm writing! So here's the deal: now you guys get to tell us about yourselves, one by one, and believe me, this is going to be good. So without further ado, let me introduce you to our first STAR OF THE WEEK!



Hailey Leishman Richards (in her own words)

John asked me to share a little bit about myself, so here it is!

Who: I’m John and Angela’s sister-in-law. I married John’s little brother Dan, almost 4 years ago.

What am I doing: Dan and I are expecting our first baby. We just found out it’s a little boy, and couldn’t be more excited. He’s due September 12th. Right now we’re living in Philadelphia, where I’m working as a nurse in the ICU and the Children’s Hospital. It’s fun and challenging and I’m learning a lot every day. I’m also serving as the Young Women’s secretary in our ward and love it. A past time enjoyment was running (I actually ran in the St. George Marathon with John…well, for about 1 second! I’m not the fastest runner!), but now that I’m pregnant, I mostly stick to walking and the elliptical to get my exercise! Other enjoyments include getting ready for the baby-which means trying to read up on all the latest baby products and ‘how to’ books on parenting! (Just ask Dan-our schedule is booked for the next few months with ‘birthing,’ infant CPR and child safety classes!)

Favorites: Well, now that I’m pregnant, old favorites, such as food, are no longer favorites! But I love reading, scrapbooking, traveling to visit family and watching my favorite TV shows (like, LOST, Grey’s Anatomy, American Idol, The Office…basically I have too many favorites!). I also love the internet-living away from family and friends, I have found the internet to be my life line! My favorite restaurants include: Hires, CafĂ© Rio, and any good ice cream shoppe.

Goals: Right now, my main goal is to become a good mommy and of course be a good wife!

Update of my family: I come from a family of 4 children. My oldest brother Chad is getting married to Jessica Hadfield on August 17th and my little sister Lindsay is marrying Phil Parker August 23rd. (Yes, I will be about 37 weeks pregnant at the weddings!) My little brother Tanner, is serving a mission in Guadalajara, Mexico, and has been in the field for a little over a year. My parents are doing great and looking forward to the busy summer that lies ahead! And Dan, the love of my life, is getting ready to start MBA school in August.

So, that about sums it up!

5 comments:

Matt and Becca said...

Great idea, John! Hailey, the new things we always get to learn about you...I love it! We love you! Becca

Spencer said...

Hailey, that was nice and all but I thought this new feature was supposed to be racy, hot, steamy . . . you know, the things about you Dan's already told us but you might as well bring out in the open. Like for instance, who knew that Molly has dated twins, and actually kept score on which was a better kisser! That's hot!

Just kidding, of course, and it was nice to hear from you.

Spencer

jamkmb said...

Wow, after that little tidbit we all know who's going to be the next Star...Molly, you've got a week.

By the way, Hailey should feel proud that she preempted all mention of the Jazz and Warriors from last night. That's quite a feat given the excitement.

Anonymous said...

This is great! We will learn things we never knew! Now Hailey can add Texas restaurants to her list of favorite things...& the shopping! Hailey, Todd, and Matt-Max are now truly grafted in! We crossed the Alamo line together and we're ready to go! We're glad we'll get to see Hailey at 37 weeks. We already love baby boy. Now Spencer and Molly, Hailey wants to see your twins while she's still here. Thanks John for the fun! Love, Mom

Molly said...

All I have to say is that I'm going to KILL Spencer. I will stay up at nights thinking of juicy info I can leak about him!