Friday, May 18, 2007

The latest ... and STAR!

If you were to look back, I'm sure every Friday entry probably sounds very similar. There will always be some sort of reference to the weekend and how nice it will be, and likely the mood is always pretty upbeat. I guess this will be no different...

Angela and I both ran this morning - she at 5 with her friends and me at 6 with mine. I don't know how far she ran, but I went 7 miles with a big hill climb in the middle section. Felt good but was pretty tired. I just HAD to replenish my energy so I succumbed to the temptation and had 2 very delicious donuts with my oatmeal and OJ this morning when I got into work. Oh well, so much for the calories burned out on the road. It's so enjoyable to get out early in the morning because it's beautiful and quiet.

I'm really looking forward to playing golf with Dad tomorrow morning at 6:30! It will be great to have them here. The kids can't wait to see them, and to see their new bunk bed Grandpa made and is bringing.

I'm also excited to have Dad be here for my ordination and setting apart. I'm very nervous for how everyone in the ward will react when it's announced on Sunday, but I'm also anxious to get going and not be waiting any more. The kids don't know yet - they're going to be like, "you're what?!"

And now, without further ado...YOUR Star of the Week:

Anne LeBras

Well my life is none too exciting right now, so I hope I don't bore you all silly. My teaching job at Hillcrest High in Midvale, is beginning to wind down
as it is getting close to the end of the school year! Hoo-ray! I'm just getting through some of the busiest few weeks that we've had all year. We wrapped up our school art show last week and it was a big success! Teaching is really fun and I've enjoyed one of my best years so far.

This year I had a student teacher from the U of U and as a benefit of that I get half tuition there, so this past semester I signed up for a Yoga Class, Figure Drawing, and an Elementary Martial Arts class and will be taking a painting class starting next week! So my yoga class was awesome! If you never done yoga before you are missing out! I really loved it and still do it every week on my own.

I actually ended up dropping my Elementary Martial Arts class. That's actually kind of an amusing story. I've always wanted to take a Martial Arts, and I was looking over the schedule at the U and saw that class and assumed it was like an intro to the basics of a bunch of Martial Arts. Boy was I wrong! I went the first day to discover that it was actually a Mixed Martial Arts class. If you've ever watched Ultimate Fighting on T.V. well that's what it's all about! Basically wrestling and trying to punch people in the face! Not only that, I was the only girl in the class! And it wasn't just beginners in there! In fact the MMA club meets during that class so there were some tough guys in there that have competed and everthing! I was like a deer caught in the headlights!

I actually was going to try to stick it out, and not be a girly girl, but as luck would have it, I had
sprained my MCL in my knee a couple of weeks before when I was skiing with John, Angela and the kiddos and after going to the doctor she recommended that I drop the class until my knee was healed. So after a few sessions of physical therapy my knee is nearly 100% back to normal and am getting back to my jogging routine. Which is nothing like John's and Angela's, just a few miles two or three times per week. I'm loving the warm weather and getting to run outside!

So anyway as far as church, I'm in charge of Family Home Evening and have enjoyed that. I've gotten to know the young single adults in my ward really well and have had some really good activities.

I'm in the process of perhaps purchasing a condo that is currently under construction and will be finishing this fall. I'm still figuring out the financing so it's not a for sure yet. It's kind of overwhelming actually thinking about all that money!

I've still got my horse (perhaps for not much longer if I decide to sell him to help out with my condo situation) and I just got his papers, after 4 years of owning him, and found out his full name is Mr. Dee Dee Bug! Kind of silly, but that's how they do registered names.

As far as favorite things, here goes, color: red and black, food: any thing asian, movie: The Goonies (all time favorite) been pretty disappointed in new movies that have come out, Music: love the I Tunes and am just into everything and anything good, T.V. show: The Office, Lost, Prison Break. Hobbies: riding my horse and doing art.

Well there you go a little window into what is my life!

Annie


No comments: