Thursday, May 3, 2007
Lot Going On
We've been very pleased with the girls' school. They pride themselves on providing a well-rounded, multi-faceted educational experience for the kids, and they do a great job. Micah and all the other 4th graders left this morning for a two-day field trip up to "Gold Country" near Sacramento. They will sleep in tents tonight and hopefully have a wonderful, safe experience. I don't remember having those opportunities in my elementary school...
Angela and I are having a date night tomorrow night and we'll be seeing the movie Spiderman 3. My company has purchased something like 30 theaters worth of tickets throughout the day tomorrow, so we're going to enjoy a date night with our late-evening tickets. I was also pleased yesterday to receive a complementary earthquake/emergency kit from the company (for all employees) that is very well stocked and nicely supplements our own 72-hour kits. Oh yeah, and besides all the perks, I really enjoy my work. I'm really starting to "get it" now with some of my big projects, and I feel like I'm adding value ahead of schedule.
Big playoff games tonight - Jazz trying to stay alive and Warriors trying to knock off the giants. Thank goodness for DVR as I'm doing EQ visits tonight and wouldn't want to miss the games. It's also fun to have a bunch of buddies trickling into town for this weekend's collegiate rugby Final Four and National Championships where BYU starts out by playing Penn State tomorrow and then hopefully Cal on Saturday.
Ang went to her Boot Camp workout twice this week, and I have to admit is complaining a little bit about being sore. For Christmas I gave her a workout with a trainer as part of a group that meets early in the morning at a local high school. She really enjoys it and looks great.
That's about it.
Angela and I are having a date night tomorrow night and we'll be seeing the movie Spiderman 3. My company has purchased something like 30 theaters worth of tickets throughout the day tomorrow, so we're going to enjoy a date night with our late-evening tickets. I was also pleased yesterday to receive a complementary earthquake/emergency kit from the company (for all employees) that is very well stocked and nicely supplements our own 72-hour kits. Oh yeah, and besides all the perks, I really enjoy my work. I'm really starting to "get it" now with some of my big projects, and I feel like I'm adding value ahead of schedule.
Big playoff games tonight - Jazz trying to stay alive and Warriors trying to knock off the giants. Thank goodness for DVR as I'm doing EQ visits tonight and wouldn't want to miss the games. It's also fun to have a bunch of buddies trickling into town for this weekend's collegiate rugby Final Four and National Championships where BYU starts out by playing Penn State tomorrow and then hopefully Cal on Saturday.
Ang went to her Boot Camp workout twice this week, and I have to admit is complaining a little bit about being sore. For Christmas I gave her a workout with a trainer as part of a group that meets early in the morning at a local high school. She really enjoys it and looks great.
That's about it.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
How bout them Jazz and Warriors. Wouldn't that be a sweet match up . . . we can only hope at this point.
So, an update on my training since John is giving us his. Well, let's see . . . hmmm . . . oh yeah, I jogged into the bathroom the other night around 3 am. Who knew it was so far away and that I'd get winded. At least once I got there I could sit down and take a breather. Wish me luck on my next training adventure.
Spencer
Post a Comment