Thursday, June 11, 2009
School's Out For Summer...
Is it even possible to say "School's out for summer..." without automatically singing it and air-guitaring to Alice Cooper's classic hit? Actually, considering the readership of this blog, I'm guessing I'm the only one with that quirky little eccentricity...
Anyway, school really is out for summer. The kids all celebrated by sleeping in this morning, which is highly unusual. By the time I was getting ready to leave at 8, not one kid had stirred, and by 8:30 only Morg was up, and Brig was bleary eyed but trying to "wake up his muscles". I think this is probably the single greatest time in a kid's life. Sure, Christmas and Halloween are great, but at those times you always have the "when I go back to school next week, or tomorrow" hanging over you. Summer break might as well be an eternity for these kids, and they love it!
It's going to be busy. Micah will have muchos play practices leading up to her big production in July; she can't wait to go to her first YW girls camp, she's on swim team and taking tennis lessons, and she's doing summer piano for the first time (no break? crazy!). Kennan has swim team and tennis, she's going to be doing a week long dance camp with a friend (yes!!! I think this may be her "thing" - she's an awesome little dancer with NO training), and lots of friends around. Morgan has swimming, tennis, and friends. The family is going to Utah in late July and early August (that'll be my summer break, so I'm already looking forward to it). Good times!
Kennan recently got 14 inches chopped off her hair and sent them to Locks of Love as a donation. She was very happy to get her very long hair cut down, and she looks super cute! I forgot how great she looks with short hair.
Ang is running like a mad woman, nearly every morning. I've been biking a lot this week, and I have the sore legs/increased appetite to prove it. It's been really fun, but I'm definitely not used to getting out of bed at 5:30 to exercise...
Feelin' good today, happy to be alive.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
dude - I totally started going all Guitar Hero on Mere before I read the first sentence. Hilarious....
Post a Comment