Thursday, June 25, 2009

As the week goes by...

We're getting along pretty well without Angela and Micah at home, but I'll admit that we're really excited to have them home tomorrow evening. Thank goodness for Anne, who's been great in helping the kids throughout the days and some evenings as I have many of my usual commitments. However, even with things running pretty smoothly at home, it just feels different for us to not have the others at home with us. I find myself wanting to tell Angela about things constantly, but then since she's out of touch, being slightly disappointed that she's inaccessible. Oh well, it'll all be good when they get home.

I went for a bike ride this morning, and then in checking my exercise log I realized that I went over 1,000 miles for the year so far. It's definitely the earliest I've ever hit that mark, so I'm pretty psyched. I estimate between now and the end of the 111 mile ULCER century ride in Utah this August I'll probably put in up to another 400-500 miles or so, so I'll be well on my way to a great year on the bike. I'm really enjoying it, but dreaming more than ever about a shiny new bike...

Cool experience last night as I got to talk with a person who has gone through some real challenges and struggles with church and spiritual things. We had spoken about a year ago in which the problems were laid out, and then last night the report was made on progress, and I was so happy to see the complete turnaround and personal commitment that was exhibited. It was a real faith building moment for me to see how the simple things that we easily take for granted - prayer, fasting, scripture reading - are truly the foundational blocks of the building of a strong testimony. I need to be better...

No comments: