Monday, June 8, 2009
Email problem
As most of you know by now (because most of you are in my Contacts list in my email account), I had a problem with my email over the weekend. I woke up Saturday morning to find that someone had somehow used my email to send a Spam message to everyone in my contacts, or that I've ever emailed in my gmail account. You can imagine the frustration... I don't know how it happened, only that I checked all my computers and don't have a virus, so I'm guessing someone hacked my email account. I've changed my password and hopefully it won't happen again. Thanks to everyone who responded to alert me of the problem - believe me, I know about it.
It's best not to open emails that seem strange, even if they're from someone you recognize. If your email account allows it, turn on your snippets function so you get the first few lines of the body of the email, and then you would see that an email like the one you got from me was likely not something you wanted to open.
Sorry for the inconvenience.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment