
Tuesday, June 2, 2009
"My Dad is SO Awesome!"
Brig's in that awesome stage where he's fully conversational, but he's still figuring out how to say exactly what he means. My personal favorite recently is him trying to figure out how to talk about "last night". It's been "yesternight" and "yesnight", which makes perfect sense from the context of yesterday, but it's funny nonetheless.

He made my year last weekend when we were all at the dinner table hanging out with Grandpa and Grandma. He was sitting on my lap and all of a sudden he gave me a big hug and said, "My dad is SO Awesome!" There was no bribery or coercion involved in that sudden and unexpected statement, but what he doesn't know is in those five simple words, he just guaranteed himself a sizeable trust fund from his awesome dad! Just kidding about the trust fund, but seriously, is there a better expression from a 3-year old than that?!
This last weekend I had some occasions to be alone with him for

chunks of time, and we took advantage of our time. We played golf in the back yard, shot hoops in the back yard and at the school next door, we kicked a soccer ball, we rode bikes, and we read books before our man-naps together. It was really cool as we played basketball together at the school - I realized he's very good at dribbling the basketball with either hand. I guess all those John Stockton and Steve Nash highlight films I've forced him to watch are paying off! ... (kidding about that, again... I do that sometimes).
Only one thing I can say about that kid: "My Brig is SO Awesome!"
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I remember when Micah used to say "lasterday and lasternight" so it must be something in the family to make-up words like that!
Post a Comment