Friday, June 19, 2009
Feelin Goooooood!
It's Friday morning, not a cloud in the sky, perfect temperature, rode my bike to work, just made my boss happy, treating myself to an amazing breakfast of egg whites, potatoes, strawberry pancakes, and a chocolate donut!, got the tunes playing in the office Bose, Anne and Brandon are coming into town this morning, and my buddy just asked me to go golfing this afternoon... Can it get any better than that? Probably, but for now, I'll definitely take it.
I had a 'sad' thought as I was sneaking into Micah's room late last night to borrow her book she's reading, because I wanted to read it: there's all this great and inspiring literature out there in the world, and all I want to read are novels and kids fantasy books... I've been asking myself, should I force myself to read more of the classics, or maybe a church history book (and inevitably get 100 pages in and start looking around for my ESPN the Mag), or should I just accept it and enjoy my cretin tastes?
Congratulations to Rosemary and Todd who had their second child this week - a boy they named Charles - and all went well. Since they're in Portland, we wouldn't have seen the baby even if we did live closer to family, but it'll be fun to see him this summer. Looking forward to Dave and Meredith's coming baby boy as well!
There's a lot of nervous energy in our house as Angela and Micah get ready for girls camp. They were out last night on yet another camp-preparation shopping trip and Ang accidentally left her credit card at the counter, so we had to cancel that card... At least she knew when she lost it and we knew no charges were going to hit us - no big deal, just a small hassle.
I had a good week at work. I was able to complete a big project that went really well when my boss presented it to our VPs, and subsequently he was very happy with me. He told me to take my family out for dinner and charge it through as a reward for my good work. Hmm, that presents some possibilities - I mean, he has no idea how much my four kids can eat [wink, wink]! So where to go .............
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Congrats dude....on the chocolate doughnut, that is. And egg whites? Really? How's that pear spritz hairspray you bought at Bath and Body Works?....he he he.
Glad to hear things are good at work and at home. We miss you guys. We should talk soon...I'll call you.
Post a Comment