Tuesday, June 9, 2009

More on Brig; Micah moving on

Brig is a very sweet little boy. He is affectionate and loving. He will always give big hugs and kisses to me, and to the rest of the family, whenever we leave the house. The funny thing about that though, is that Angela was telling me he gives hugs to his buddies when they leave our house from a play date. There's certainly nothing wrong with that, and I'm sure his friends don't mind because they all like each other a lot, but every so often a kid comes over who's sort of new to Brig, and it's a little different. Angela was cracking up relating the story of Brig hugging a little boy he doesn't play with too much and the kid had no idea how to respond.

One of the things Brig likes to do is go out in the back yard or the street with me and see who can throw a ball higher. The thing is, he will do this over and over again, and he'll never tire of it. He also thinks he wins every throw, regardless of how much higher my ball goes. The other day, he and I were out in the street throwing tennis balls up in the air and he was proclaiming himself the winner of "who can throw the ball higher", so I started throwing it as high as I could. After a few more tosses, he said, "Dad, let's switch balls, yours is stronger."

This morning as we were all scrambling to get ready for school and work, we had Brig jump in the shower with Angela for a quick wash before getting dressed. As Brig was getting in, he said, "Mom, can I pee in the shower?" and he was pleased as punch when she said yes. Seriously, that kid cracks me up - the things that make him happy are hilarious to me, especially after being so used to all the girls in the house.

So today is the last full day of the school year for the kids, including Micah's 6th grade promotion. She's pretty calm about it all, realizing it's just the next step before going to Jr. High next year, but it's fun for her to be finishing elementary school. The principal called last night and asked her to quickly learn a song to sing for the ceremony, and of course she's doing it. I'm proud of all her accomplishments and talents, but mostly because she's a good, kind, responsible girl who loves her dad and still likes to hold my hand...

3 comments:

Rosie said...

I love that she still holds your hand! Sigh...

Dave said...

Makes me super stoked for Dave Jr

Jenny said...

I love your kids, John. I just saw some dude wearing a shirt that said, "Bad guys don't kill people. Dads of pretty girls do."

But don't worry, the guy wearing the shirt was WAY older than you. He was, like 43 or something. You've got a few years before you have to start killing off the loads of suitors that are going to be after Micah!

Can't wait to see you guys.