Monday, April 14, 2008

Newport Beach

I'm sitting in the beautiful Marriott Village of Newport Beach, full to sickness from a much-too-large Cheesecake Factory double BBQ bacon cheeseburger, and enjoying the first night of our week vacation. We had a good drive down - it took much less time that I anticipated because in previous trips to the area we had hit horrible L.A. traffic. This time it was pretty smooth sailing, and we made it from our house in 6 hours - not bad!

On the agenda for the week: beach, swimming pool, tennis, scooters, Balboa Island, San Diego's Wild Animal Park, some time with local family, and who knows what else. After the dinner tonight, I'm hoping we don't eat for the rest of the week, but knowing myself, I'll probably be in the kitchen looking through the fridge in about an hour...

It's likely I won't be posting much during this week, but I will try to fire off an update if anything really cool happens. Have a great week.

2 comments:

Dan and Hailey said...

Sounds awesome - have fun!

Unknown said...

can't wait to meet up with you guys!