We watched a good movie last night, "Next" with Nicholas Cage and Jessica Biel (Rrrrr). We didn't have many expectations going in because it was one of those movies you put in your queue and forget about, not even really remembering why you put it there in the first place, and we were pleasantly surprised. Good show, I recommend it.I've almost completely forgotten there's a presidential race going on. I have, however, enjoyed watching from afar as Hillary and Obama duke it out in a big way. As I've seen that take place, and watch the Democratic party fracture, I'm impressed with how astute it was for Romney to bow out early for the sake of
the party. I still don't like McCain, but as I think about it more and more, I'm just much more comfortable with the Republican party and what they stand for, then I am with the Democrats. I don't think any of these candidates will become a powerful president, and thus it may fall back to the party lines as to what decisions get made.Mom sent me a brand new set of scriptures yesterday as a surprise gift. I've been using my old missionary scriptures and trying to keep them together just a little while longer, so it's a perfectly timed gift, and very thoughtful. I can't wait to start marking them up.
Brig was running around the house in his diaper and his cowboy boots this morning trying to scare everyone by popping around a corner and saying "boo!" He's such a cute kid and seriously lights up our whole house.
1 comment:
John, will you still claim us as family if we tell you that we changed parties and registered Democrat here in PA so we can vote AGAINST Hillary?
We like to think of ourselves as the black sheep.
By the way, we love your blog. Both Nate and I read it regularly. We miss you guys so much. Give your kids our love!
Jenny
Post a Comment