Friday, April 4, 2008

A Tremendous Friday To You...

Great day today already. It's Friday, which is never a bad thing (except maybe for Matt, who works so much I'm not sure weekends are relevant to him). I was able to get out this morning with a great buddy and play a round of golf - and guess what, I actually played pretty well!

We'll miss Micah this weekend. She left yesterday afternoon with her school dance team to perform at Disneyland either today or tomorrow. Of course she's completely over the moon about the opportunity, and we're glad she gets to do it. The girls are already missing her, which happens in our very small home when someone is missing at a time when they're usually there (like nights). But we eased their pain by having them all up to Google last night for a fun dinner and dessert, (which went pretty well except that Kennan dropped her tray of food, and Brig was all over the place).

Speaking of Brig, I think seriously within a one-week span, he's hit the terrible twos. I guess it's right on time, since this Sunday is his birthday, but still, he went from a sweet fun little boy to a sweet fun little boy who now throws tantrums and gets crazy at the worst possible times. Of course we still love him, and I'm sure my mom would submit an appropriate comment here about what I was like when I was a kid, but still... So we're really pumped for his birthday. He loves opening presents anyway, as in he has to open other people's presents on their birthdays, so he'll be loving his own present day. I can't wait for him to open his full University of Texas football uniform complete with helmet, jersey, shoulder pads, and pants. I think that's going to replace his current favorite outfit of shorts and his cowboy boots. He's a funny kid.

We're looking forward to General Conference this weekend for a number of reasons. We of course enjoy the spiritual upliftment that comes from watching and paying attention, and it'll be extra neat this time to see first hand the impact of the new prophet and first presidency. I admit to also being very happy to not have a day full of bishopric meetings, and it'll be nice to spend a lot of time with the kids. We'll probably split up the sessions with some fun parking-lot bike rides (Morgan's not really ready for roads/trails yet), a park trip or two, and maybe even some family friend time. Should be a nice relaxing weekend.

I played basketball ("2-1-MONEY!" to Brig) last night for the first time since Christmas, and actually had a great time. Fortunately I was able to go over to the ward gym earlier this week to remind myself how to shoot and dribble, so last night went well. I'm happy to say I represented the Richards brothers well. I'm looking forward to getting Dan out to some of these games this summer.

Looks like the Warriors aren't going to make the playoffs...Boo Hoo... ;-)

2 comments:

Unknown said...

ezra's been throwing tantrums too.. and yelling a lot for no reason... it's getting harder and harder to bring him anywhere.

happy birthday to brig this sunday.
we'll have to celebrate when we see you guys!

Dan and Hailey said...

Sweet dude, I can't wait!

Happy birthday to Brig!