Wednesday, April 2, 2008

An Invitation ... No ... a CHALLENGE!

We all need something in our lives to challenge us: a cause greater than ourselves, something on the razor's edge between doable and crazy, something to kick us unceremoniously out of our comfort zone, something that proclaims - even yells - to the world: "take me seriously!" I'm so sure we all need something like that, that I have just the thing for you:

Yesterday marked the official opening of registration for the 2008 St. George Marathon. Sure it's long, yes it will be hard, your nipples might even bleed (can I say that on this blog?). But I promise you right here and now - if you train and run this sucker, you will experience a thrill of accomplishment that you have never before experienced for a single undertaking!

We have a bunch of runners among our family and friends: Matt, Molly, Spencer, Hailey, Dave, Nate...oh wait, and others. But the great thing is, you don't have to be a "runner" to do this. I would even venture to predict that due to Mom's pending release from her calling, that we may be able to entice Mom and Dad down to watch their first STG - that would be big!

So I issue a CHALLENGE, I throw down the GAUNTLET, I draw the LINE in the sand with my sword: Who's with me?! Who's going to man up, or I guess woman up (that doesn't sound quite the same), and sign your name in blood on the dotted line?

I have training plans galore that I can help you tailor for your specific needs and level. Angela and I have a bit of resident knowledge (14 St. George marathons between us) that we can share with you to quell your anxiety. I'm telling you, you need to give yourself this gift - it's amazing!

Convinced? ... http://stgeorgemarathon.com/

2 comments:

Spencer said...

Dude,

If I run two half marathons this summer does that count? How about if I run St. George in my dreams? One day, my friend. One day . . .

samandbrodi said...

No, I am not convinced. I refuse to accept this challenge, though I would be happy to sit on the couch eating Dots and Pop Tarts while I watch home videos of you running in it. Send me the tapes.

--Sam