Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Walk down memory lane...

I gave Angela an iPod shuffle for Christmas so she can have music to run with if she's not with friends.  We're finally getting around to putting music on it, and I have been browsing my very large digital music collection (72GB and 16,233 files) for songs to put on there.  I'm not making much progress because there are a lot of songs that I just have to listen to because it's been a long time, and let me tell you - there are a lot of memories associated with songs.  I've got stuff from every generation and genre (except the gay stuff like Depeche Mode and Erasure ... you can borrow that from Sam!), and it is so fun to jump around.  

I'm going from Neil Diamond to Matchbox 20 to Los Lonely Boys to Metallica to Jack Johnson to Eddie Rabbitt (oh yeah...Love a Rainy Night!) to Angels & Airwaves to Clint Black to 3 Doors Down to The Eagles to Daughtry to Peter Breinholt to Linkin Park to Stevie Ray Vaughn to Yellowcard to Run D.M.C. to Queen to Bob Marley to Santana to Fiji to Van Halen to Bruce Springstein to Guns N Roses to Breaking Benjamin to ...  OK, OK, I'll stop.  But you get the picture...  This is really fun!

And speaking of a pleasant memory, I'm remembering four days ago when I could walk to the cupboard and grab a tender, sweet, juicy, succulent gummy bear ... oooooooh!

1 comment:

samandbrodi said...

John, the correct term for those of heterosexuals that like Depeche Mode, the Cure, Thompson Twins and David Bowie is 'metrosexual', not 'gay.' Now, if you had said Wham, well, thats another story.

Good luck in the transfer of music...that sounds loads of fun.