Thursday, January 15, 2009

Glad I wasnt flying US Airways

I wondered this morning if we were actually going to take off as we sat in a snow storm on the tarmac at JFK waiting for the wings to get de-iced, and for the line-up of dozens of delayed planes ahead of us on the runway.  In the end, even though we were quite delayed, we got off and I'm back home safe in California.  Upon arriving I was greeted with the news of a plane out of LaGuardia in NY having trouble and ditching into the Hudson River right by Manhattan.  That would NOT have been fun to be one of those passengers, but thankfully all are accounted for and seemingly ok.

http://www.nytimes.com/2009/01/16/nyregion/16crash.html

I was also pleased that everyone seems to actually be feeling pretty good, and recovering from sicknesses.  So all in all, we're happy and well.  I'm psyched to be home, and Brig made it worth a quick stop at home before heading in to work to take care of a couple of things.  He can sure make us feel good when he shows happiness to see us!

I ordered some triathlon aerobars for my bike with a couple of Christmas and birthday gift cards I received from family and friends, and I was very pleased and surprised to see they already arrived and were waiting for me when I got home.  They're going on the bike tonight for a trial run!

Holiday pics tomorrow hopefully...

1 comment:

Cammi said...

I had a little panic today when I saw the crash and remembered you'd said you were flying home at the end of the week...was relieved when I saw the plane was going to Charlotte. AMAZING that everyone was safe.

Sorry you're sick, Angela. NO FUN being sick without your right hand man there to help out.

CONGRATS on leasing your Provo house. What a relief!

We miss you guys. Hearing about the weather there is painful after the temps we've had this week. I miss CA! And you guys, too!

Take Care!