
Lots going on these days. Kennan recently got an expander put into her mouth, so the poor girl is trying to learn how to talk, eat, clear saliva from her mouth, and deal with the big metal thing in the roof of her mouth. She's had an amazing attitude about it, and I've been so impressed with her spirit and patience. She can really be amazing in how she handles things at times - she's awesome! The picture's hard to see because I just used my camera phone, but maybe you can see it in there...

Morgan was very excited to celebrate Chinese New Year, or "Lunar New Year" as she insists we call it. She has been walking around saying "Kung Hei Fat Choi" to us, which we hope comes true (it means roughly I hope you get wealthier). She also was excited to wear her Vietnamese clothes to school today, as you can see in this cute picture. She's such a sweet girl.
Micah is already starting to prepare for her 6th grade trip to Costa Rica next month. She has laid out a calendar that she can use to mark off days between now and then, and so she can remember all the super important things she has to do to prepare in the meantime. She is still doing piano and I think she has a recital this weekend. She's quite good at sitting down and playing songs that she likes, and it's beautiful to hear her sing along when she doesn't know I'm listening.
Work has been really intense for me lately. This last weekend included a few hours of work to finish off a big project we got assigned at the last minute, that had to be delivered before Monday. It's pretty common for these things to come down at weird times, and they're painful while we're getting there, but it's always very rewarding to deliver a great product within the deadline.
The last two Sundays we've enjoyed dinner or dessert at friends' houses that we'd previously not been to as a family. It was really nice to be invited over to people's houses, and we really enjoyed getting to know them better. We're very lucky to have so many great friends. Hopefully we can be good friends to others as well.
Angela and I have been enjoying watching the Australian Open pretty much every night. There are some very good tennis players on TV, and it's cool to see them fight and scrap through these long matches. I admit I've also been keeping up on professional cycling again now that Lance is back in the Peloton. I don't know why, but he seems to inject excitement into the sport, and it sucks me in. It's intriguing to see how he does at 37 years old and after 3 1/2 years out of the sport.
No comments:
Post a Comment