After an unannounced hiatus of a couple of weeks, we're back in California, and I'm back in the blogging business. It's customary for me to try and summarize the highlights and other items of a trip, and I'll try to do so here, although I'm bound to forget something/someone so don't be mad if I do...
- -the drive to Utah was great - perfect weather, made great time

- -Las Vegas bowl was NOT great - BYU was so disappointing in the end
- -hanging with both fams was great
- -getting the flu was not great (Brig, Micah, John)
- -skiing was great - just wish we could have gone more (see flue bullet point above)
- -snowmobiling and sledding at the cabin were great - thanks MattMax!
- -ice skating was not great (for me, but the kids loved it) - that might just be the most painful "recreational activity" there is... no injuries, just ouch! on the feet and shins
- -sledding in SLC and Provo were great because of the cousins
- -Christmas Eve at the Richards was great
- -Christmas morning at the Richards was great
- -Christmas day at the LeBras was great
- -getting just the right Christmas gifts for the kids (type, amount, etc.) was great
- -all the food the whole trip was great
- -the amount of food I ate the whole trip was NOT great
- -basketball with the brothers and some friends was absolutely great (2 1/2 hours!)
- -the rest of the day after basketball with the brothers was not great
- -playing with my new G1 Dream phone courtesy of Google was great
- -our inability to see friends was not great (snow, sickness, lack of time)
- -lots of snow was great
- -the cold was not great
- -movies were great - Bolt, Seven Pounds, Bedtime Stories, GhostTown (one of the funniest movies I've seen in a long time!)
- -New Years Eve dinner at Matt & Debby's, dodgeball at the Cowley's, and foosball tournament/fun at Spencer & Molly's were all great
- -a couple of near-misses on renting our Provo house were definitely NOT great
- -the baptism was great
- -singing with my brother and dad was great
- -I mentioned the food right? yep, it was great
- -relaxing was great
- -packing up the car to come home was not great (how did we get so many extra things?! oh yeah, Christmas)
- -having a clear day to drive home was great
- -hitting two extra hours of traffic by Tahoe was not great, but we did get to stop for dinner at Taco Bell so maybe it was ok
- -getting home was GREAT
- -getting home at 11pm and the temperature in the house being 47 degrees was not great
So there you have it. Another successful and fun trip.

Oh yeah, Brig was playing at his buddies' house yesterday and
split his eye open. He didn't have to have stitches (thank goodness!) but you can see from the picture that it's a nice little cut. He wasn't too happy about it for a while, but I think you'll see a small amount of pride in it by the time I took the picture...
1 comment:
I wish I could have gotten out and played ball with you guys...I know that I needed to. I am glad you guys made it home safely.
Post a Comment