Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Seis de Mayo

I didn't write anything related to Cinco de Mayo, so I'm writing something about Seis de Mayo. Actually, it's about Cinco, just written on Seis... We had a big Mexican food BBQ at work yesterday and a mariachi band rocking the Googleplex for lunch. Good times, good food. I saw a lot of confused looking Asians though, and I heard "what's this?" a lot in the food line.

Just so you know, I'm wearing flip flops at work today. But they're 'professional' looking flip flops (leather), not the old plastic kind. Come on, this is a business and I have standards to uphold.

My buddy Jason is getting back into running after a prolonged foot injury, and it's awesome to be running with him again. I've already had a pretty good spring of running - according to my exercise log I've run 325 miles so far this year. St. George lottery results come out this week and hopefully I'll get some good news there - which means the running will start ramping up in a few weeks.

Brig's been developing a bit of an attitude lately. He'll flat out tell Ang or me "no" when we tell him to do something. It's gotten to the point that we have to say, "ok, go put yourself in timeout", and he'll start crying and walk into his room and sit on his bed. It's actually really cute - we don't make him stay in there long, just enough to get the point.

We've been helping Dan and Hailey a little bit on their housing search for this summer. It's been great to see some really good options pop up lately that they would never have known about, so we feel like we're helping them a little bit. I point this out because Dan is going to be recruited into Richards Moving Co. this summer - and I just want him to remember that we've been nice to him while he's moving endless loads of boxes and furniture between our houses.

2 comments:

samandbrodi said...

I think it is safe to say that the Bay Area cannot handle two Richards boys living there...and with the same company, that is some crazy stuff. Now if we could just get Google to open up a field office in SLC...

Dan and Hailey said...

Didn't my offer letter for the Richards Moving Co come with a signing bonus of some sort? Still waiting on that - maybe got lost in the mail...