Thursday, May 8, 2008
Birthday Recap and Travel Plans
Morgan had a really great birthday yesterday! We decided that rather than load her up with a bunch of stuff, we would create the perfect birthday day from start to finish. Angela did an amazing job of planning fun things throughout the day. She would open a new envelope each time one of the adventures was done to find out what the next one was - here's how Morgan's day went:
First, donuts with the family as per our unbreakable birthday tradition (unfortunately Dad was already at work on an early call); Second, breakfast with Dad, Mom, and Brig at Google; Third, a trip with Mom and Brig to Build-A-Bear where she got a husky named Snowflake and a High School Musical dog outfit; Fourth, afternoon kindergarten (not part of the fun...); Fifth, a trip to the beauty salon with Mom and the girls to get toenails painted all sorts of funky colors and patterns; Sixth, a family picnic to a beautiful area in the hills where we got to watch Micah perform some dances with her team; Seventh, tickets to the community theater presentation of High School Musical this weekend; Eighth, some presents from the family; and Last, a scrumptious ice cream cake and a late bedtime. Great day! I myself was bummed I missed the toe-painting party...
Now for travel plans - we have made a few decisions on travel plans for the upcoming months so I thought I'd share with you where we'll be and when.
Next week, Angela and Kennan are flying to Utah for a quick trip. The main reason for the trip is to be at Camille's baptism (she came to Kennan's), but I'm sure Angela will take the opportunity to help finalize any house things that still need to be done on the Provo house.
The week after that (Memorial Day weekend), I will fly out to Utah on Friday afternoon and go straight to work with Cameron on the Provo house. We'll work late that night, and all day (and night?) Saturday. We should be laying sod, planting trees, moving staging furniture in, and whatever else needs doing. Should be 'fun'.
And we've finalized our big summer trip dates as well: We'll drive to Utah on July 26th and all be there through the end of the Richards family Jackson Hole trip. I'll fly back to CA on the 6th to work until the 15th. I'll then fly back to SLC after the work week to collect my reluctant family. It turns out that Dan and I will likely be heading to SLC the same weekend, so my options are fly and be grateful I'm not driving, or drive with Dan and be grateful for the time with him. Pros and cons to both...we'll see.
First, donuts with the family as per our unbreakable birthday tradition (unfortunately Dad was already at work on an early call); Second, breakfast with Dad, Mom, and Brig at Google; Third, a trip with Mom and Brig to Build-A-Bear where she got a husky named Snowflake and a High School Musical dog outfit; Fourth, afternoon kindergarten (not part of the fun...); Fifth, a trip to the beauty salon with Mom and the girls to get toenails painted all sorts of funky colors and patterns; Sixth, a family picnic to a beautiful area in the hills where we got to watch Micah perform some dances with her team; Seventh, tickets to the community theater presentation of High School Musical this weekend; Eighth, some presents from the family; and Last, a scrumptious ice cream cake and a late bedtime. Great day! I myself was bummed I missed the toe-painting party...
Now for travel plans - we have made a few decisions on travel plans for the upcoming months so I thought I'd share with you where we'll be and when.
Next week, Angela and Kennan are flying to Utah for a quick trip. The main reason for the trip is to be at Camille's baptism (she came to Kennan's), but I'm sure Angela will take the opportunity to help finalize any house things that still need to be done on the Provo house.
The week after that (Memorial Day weekend), I will fly out to Utah on Friday afternoon and go straight to work with Cameron on the Provo house. We'll work late that night, and all day (and night?) Saturday. We should be laying sod, planting trees, moving staging furniture in, and whatever else needs doing. Should be 'fun'.
And we've finalized our big summer trip dates as well: We'll drive to Utah on July 26th and all be there through the end of the Richards family Jackson Hole trip. I'll fly back to CA on the 6th to work until the 15th. I'll then fly back to SLC after the work week to collect my reluctant family. It turns out that Dan and I will likely be heading to SLC the same weekend, so my options are fly and be grateful I'm not driving, or drive with Dan and be grateful for the time with him. Pros and cons to both...we'll see.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment