Monday, November 30, 2009

the *NEW* me

Every once in a while I have an epiphany related to myself. Sometimes they're instantaneous, sudden, and unexpected. Other times, they roll around in the back of my mind for weeks, lurking in the corners before I even know they're there, slowly taking shape, baking, and then evolving as I start to put conscious thoughts to whatever they are. That's where I am today.

I have realized there are a couple areas of my life where I want to be better. I won't bore you with the details, but suffice it to say that I hope many of you see the effects in the coming months...

I've mentioned before that I'm taking on a new role at work. It's exciting and stressful and interesting and overwhelming all at the same time. My own team will be in flux a little as there are still moving pieces, but there is more definition now around my role and responsibilities and that is a very good thing. A by-product of this change, though, is that I've been so consumed at work that I haven't had much time to update this blog, which makes me sad because I don't want people to get out of the habit of checking it frequently. I'll try to be better.

P90X is going well - tough, tough, tough to keep up day after day, but I've been doing pretty well at it. The first three weeks of each phase are intense, and then the 4th week is supposed to be a "rest" week. I'm in the 4th week, and was surprised at how UN-restful it is...

I had a funny dream last night related to my workouts. A lot of P90X is based on strengthening your core, with a likely result of gnarly abs. So I dreamed I was with the family in a shopping center parking lot (don't know why), and I had my shirt off (that makes more sense...). A lady came up to me and made some admiring comments about my muscular physique, and my abs in particular (remember, this is a dream!). Then her husband, who was somehow behind me, and probably feeling jealous about his wife's comments, said something to the effect of: "yeah, but look at all that back hair!" and then they went off laughing........ Let me now take the opportunity to thank my forefathers for body hair.

No comments: