My excuse for not writing more is that I've been very busy at work, and my 10-minute sanity breaks in which I usually write the blog posts have been fewer and farther between. I'm digging my new role thus far, but it's challenging getting up to speed.Friday, November 13, 2009
Annie weekend - we hope
My excuse for not writing more is that I've been very busy at work, and my 10-minute sanity breaks in which I usually write the blog posts have been fewer and farther between. I'm digging my new role thus far, but it's challenging getting up to speed.This is the weekend we've been waiting for for months - Micah's opening weekend for Annie. Here's a link to the local community newspaper's blurb on the show: Los Altos Town Crier. There is one eensy weensy little problem though - Micah's been sick all week. Like cold, cough, sore throat, stay home from school sick. Coincidentally, Micah also happens to be the world's worst medicine taker. We've spent many an hour trying to get her to drink Robitussin or take the pills the Dr prescribed... not fun! But we think she'll be ok by tomorrow afternoon's show (fingers crossed). We're excited to have Grandma Richards coming in town for the play, as well as Christine and her girls. Micah's really thankful because we can't share it any other way.
There's a line I love in a relatively famous movie by a relatively famous - and very talented actor, that simply says: "Prediction? Pain!" (can you name the movie and actor?) Why is that relevant here? Simple. I started P90X this week - heard of it? It's sort of the fitness craze right now. Everyone knows somebody who's doing it, or who has done it. It's an extreme fitness workout that I believe has one implicit goal: hurt you as bad as possible, and then make you come back the next day, and the next day, and ..... you get the picture. 90 days of intensity (thankfully with a Sunday rest day) - and I'm 5 days into it, and having trouble functioning. I'll keep you posted periodically. (Rocky 3, Clubber Lang - aka Mr. T)
Have a great weekend.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Poor Micah! We are excited to see her tomorrow!
I wish wish wish I could have been there! I will someday... she is so talented.
Post a Comment