Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Brilliance

Micah's play this weekend was absolutely amazing. She was simply incredible as Annie - we were so proud of her. We were also overwhelmed with the outpouring of support from friends and family who came to the shows to see Micah perform. And all those who saw it seemed to agree: there is a star among us! I happen to have it on good authority that someone might have taken some bootleg video of Micah singing, so I may have something to post here for those who can't make it to the show. Stay tuned...

We are not quite in Thanksgiving mode yet, but it's getting close enough that we can start to feel it. It helps that we've got the "I'm Thankful For..." box out in the living room for people to drop their secret notes into, and we're trying to have extra gratitude. We're all looking forward to a few days off, time with friends (dinner at the Baughs again - what a great tradition!), and getting that much closer to December.

We're starting to make Christmas plans and it's fun to consider all the possibilities as we think about helping Santa find just the right gifts for the kids. There's always the question of doing just enough without going overboard, and avoiding not doing quite enough... I know that's a very materialistic view, but we enjoy the gift giving aspect of Christmas and hope to make our kids and each happy in that way.

Angela and I watched the movie Push the other night and found it very entertaining. We hadn't heard anything about it, so we enjoyed the excitement and new ideas. We love finding new movies to see - we're looking forward to a couple that are coming out soon: The Blind Side, and Invictus.

No comments: