Friday, October 24, 2008

Bracing for Weekend-O-Craziness

Hola, como esta?

Weekend comin, and in our case, you better buckle up.  

We have the pleasure of paying back our good friends for their always-generous help by watching their three kids while they vacation for a much-needed few days of R&R.  It'll be fun.  What it does though, is it introduces more activities and requirements into the already full plan, and it will be interesting to see if we can actually get everyone in the right place, at the right time, and not forget anyone who needs picking up.

We have the kids' school walkathon, which will take up most of the day by itself.  Shifts of us will be leaving intermittently for two different soccer games and two different sets of play practice.  Once the walkathon winds up, it'll be deliver the kids to a practice for the sacrament meeting primary program (who knew this was such a big production?!  Whatever happened to the days of get the kids up, sing a few songs, say a couple of funny little kid things, and then sit them back down?).  Anyway, after the primary program practices it's the ward Trunk-r-treat, which will of course require us all to don costumes for this glorious event.  That won't be hard for Brig, who's been in character as Peter Pan for roughly 7 days straight now.  The rest of us are trying to work around his costume...Morgan's going to be Tiger Lilly, Kennan's going to be Wendy, I'm going to be John, and I'm not sure about the rest.

I'm sure we'll also carve pumpkins, catch a few minutes of football games if possible, and hopefully not lose anyone.

Speaking of Brig, he was at the pool the other day and a friendly kid came up to play with him.  The kid said, "what's your name?" and Brig replied, "I'm PETER PAN" and then he did a flying leap into the pool.  He's also going through a time where he really likes hanging out with his mom, but he wants to make sure his dad doesn't feel too bad.  He's constantly saying stuff like, "I'm Mom's buddy AND Dad's buddy".  That's ok, as long as he earns his scholarship.

Also, on Sunday afternoon I am flying to New York so I can work with the members of our team who are in that office for a few days.  I of course am not thrilled about traveling on Sunday, but I needed to be there by Monday morning and I'm not really keen on taking a red-eye and then working a full day.  I'll come back home on Thursday, so it's not too long of a trip.  It should be really good to work with my team out there, and to meet most of them in person for the first time although we've already been on numerous video conferences and calls.  So yeah, I guess I have to pack for that trip too, now that I think of it...

So as Brig says when he and I have scooter races around my car:  "Gamark, Gaset, GO!!!"

No comments: