Wednesday, August 29, 2007
Weird state of nothing to report...
I guess the really creative people can easily make up cool stuff day after day, whether or not something's actually happening in their lives. Here I am on my 87th blog post, and I've hit a creative wall. I think it stems from my mind being in a daze brought on by my tired legs (from running), and that darn upcoming football season seems to be taking up entirely too much bandwidth in my already limited mental capacity. I guess I could turn this into a BYU and Texas football blog and then I could go on and on and on and, well, you get the picture. But as this is a "family" blog, I'm stumped.
I imagine I could talk about Morgan's frequent awakenings of sleep-crying. She has no idea she's doing it, but usually when she needs to go to the bathroom she just starts crying. It can take a long time to calm her down - you actually have to wake her up (water and gentle face slaps work the best) and ask her why she's crying, to which she answers that she doesn't know, and then she stops.
I guess I could mention that Brig's little treadmill incident didn't turn out as bad as it could have, as we found out from his Dr. that if it had gone on any longer he would have had to have skin grafts... Hmm, we'll just be grateful it didn't come to that and move on.
I suppose I could tell you that Micah has a big tryout this week to get on the school dance team. She's confident and would be thrilled to make. Angela's a little nervous because she knows of the moms who have put their kids in summer dance camps just for this. I'm happy to support because I trust Micah, even though the dance teacher has been known to throw some uncomfortably (for the parents) "mature" dances, themes, and costumes into the routines. Luckily Micah knows what's good and what's not, and she'll take care of participating in what she feels comfortable with. She's a very good girl.
You probably would be interested to know that Kennan's first soccer practice is tonight, and mine too I guess. It's going to be a hot one - mid 80s - so hopefully we won't have any coaches wilting from the heat. If I get tired I'll just lie down and have the kids run laps...
I guess I could say something about Angela's race this weekend even though I've already told you about it. The important thing I haven't told you about is the competition between Angela and her running partner. Angela is hoping to run her foe into the ground, to break her will, to crush her spirit, to chew her up and spit her out, to clean her clock, to ring her bell, to beat her like a drum! Game on! ............ ok, just kidding about that (that was creative though, wasn't it?).
3 days until kickoff!
I imagine I could talk about Morgan's frequent awakenings of sleep-crying. She has no idea she's doing it, but usually when she needs to go to the bathroom she just starts crying. It can take a long time to calm her down - you actually have to wake her up (water and gentle face slaps work the best) and ask her why she's crying, to which she answers that she doesn't know, and then she stops.
I guess I could mention that Brig's little treadmill incident didn't turn out as bad as it could have, as we found out from his Dr. that if it had gone on any longer he would have had to have skin grafts... Hmm, we'll just be grateful it didn't come to that and move on.
I suppose I could tell you that Micah has a big tryout this week to get on the school dance team. She's confident and would be thrilled to make. Angela's a little nervous because she knows of the moms who have put their kids in summer dance camps just for this. I'm happy to support because I trust Micah, even though the dance teacher has been known to throw some uncomfortably (for the parents) "mature" dances, themes, and costumes into the routines. Luckily Micah knows what's good and what's not, and she'll take care of participating in what she feels comfortable with. She's a very good girl.
You probably would be interested to know that Kennan's first soccer practice is tonight, and mine too I guess. It's going to be a hot one - mid 80s - so hopefully we won't have any coaches wilting from the heat. If I get tired I'll just lie down and have the kids run laps...
I guess I could say something about Angela's race this weekend even though I've already told you about it. The important thing I haven't told you about is the competition between Angela and her running partner. Angela is hoping to run her foe into the ground, to break her will, to crush her spirit, to chew her up and spit her out, to clean her clock, to ring her bell, to beat her like a drum! Game on! ............ ok, just kidding about that (that was creative though, wasn't it?).
3 days until kickoff!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment