Thursday, August 16, 2007

The next post will have pictures, I promise

I know I said pictures were forthcoming, but you know how things can just get behind you...

I'm going to post the pics a little later today - just be patient!

The kids are enjoying their last week of summer, and making the most of their late nights and late mornings (as compared to school nights) to watch as much TV as possible. They and their mother are completely addicted to "So You Think You Can Dance" and it's not just current shows - they go back and watch old episodes repeatedly for some reason ... women.

Speaking of old episodes, I recently watched the last quarter of the BYU-Utah game from last season - still brings chills, tears, and the urge to jump up and down and pump my fists vigorously. I and my brothers are anxiously awaiting the start of the new season. I got my ticket arranged to go with a big group of NoCal guys down to LA in a few weeks for the BYU-UCLA game. Should be fun.

I'm Kennan's soccer coach this year. I've been wanting to do it, and a friend of mine wanted to be an assistant coach for his daughter, so we teamed up to coach the girls. We just got our roster this morning and we're excited to have a team full of friends from Kennan's school. It should be fun - hopefully we don't lose every single game! I'm about to go get "Coaching Soccer for Dummies". I think our first practice will be a screening of "Bend it Like Beckham" and hope they pick up something from that...

I'm pretty busy with work, and I have a few travels coming up. During the next month I will be in Seattle, Austin, L.A. (not work related), London, and Dublin. Most are just brief trips so they won't be too bad. It'll be busy though with the kids starting up school, but I don't think I'll miss anything important.

The kids and we are all happy with their teachers and classes. They have a good mix of old friends and new kids in their classes, and even though some of their teachers are new to the school, they seem very sharp and have outstanding reputations. We're excited for what the new school year will bring.

And finally, a shout out to Spencer as he sends his wife and older kids off to play in the sun and he keeps the newborn twins with him and has taken on the task of painting the house at the same time. Some guys just don't know how to say no... just kidding bro - you're a good man!

peace

No comments: