Friday, August 31, 2007

Things NOT to do before going to work...

Run 20 miles. I did this morning, and it has just taken me 17 minutes to write this sentence so far... I'm not functioning on all cylinders right now. I don't know why I do it. A friend suggested I couldn't stop until I reach the 10-year club, which I agreed with at the time, but now that I think about it, why??? Who cares? So what? Hmmmm.

On a different note, as was pointed out by Councilman Matt in the comment section of my last blog, glad I didn't debase myself and cheer for the Utes last night. Man, could you think of a worse way to start the season? Well, actually, if you ask Stanford, I bet you could (hint: Don't schedule the mighty UC Davis anymore!).

Super big congratulations to Micah for making the school dance team! We're so excited for her and proud of her. We're also sad for the girls who didn't make it - our hearts go out to those kids who tried but came up short. Most of her friends made it, but there are always some who don't, and I'm sure it's hard for them.

We've been getting comments lately on how big and grown up Morgan looks. Don't tell her this, because she's already proud that she's not a little girl anymore. For the last couple of years I've been making her promise that she'd always be my little girl, and that she has to stop growing. She has repeatedly assured me that she would. Now her answer is, "I'll stop after kindergarten". Oh well, I guess it's just a matter of time before we open our eyes and the little munchkins will be all grown up and we'll be like, "where did everybody go?!" That makes me sad to think about it.

So early tomorrow morning I embark on a day of travel and football. Wish the fam could all come with me, but it just didn't work out. Our whole weekend is one of travel as I've detailed in recent posts, but we're looking forward to fun family time nonetheless. My plan is to log back on and give my thoughts of the weekend's activities and events, but if the Cougs lose, I may not be able to face the music for a week or two. Here's hoping I have a horse voice and antsy blogging fingers come Sunday.

Thanks for being our friends and family!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Caroline and I looked for you on the field before the game. I guess you didn't make it down there. Anyway, it was a lot of fun, sorry we didn't get to talk more.