Monday, March 22, 2010
weekly check-in
I neglected to update the blog last week with some awesome news - Brig now knows how to ride his bike without training wheels. Not only are we super proud of him, but he's also pretty proud of himself - I can see it in his eyes when his friends, most of which can't ride bikes yet, all seem mighty impressed. He did have one little mishap this weekend that required some TLC and hugs from Mom for a scraped up elbow, but he's doing very well.
I'm on a countdown to knee surgery, which happens on April 2nd. My nervousness has not been helped by a friend in our ward who just had knee surgery and something unexpected went wrong with his recovery, so his knee isn't getting any blood flow. Basically he's looking at knee replacement surgery, as a result of his previous surgery. While I know this is unlikely to happen to me, it still makes me think how badly that would affect my life if it did. On second thought, maybe best not to think about it at all. I'm really mostly nervous about how immobile I'll be for a while, and how long it will take to fully recover. Probably looking at end of summer before I'm really doing what I want to be doing.
Work has been going really well lately. I feel like the responsibilities I've been given and the work I've been doing are putting me in a good position to shine. While there are always ups and downs, I'm happy to be riding a wave right now of having found a good rhythm with my boss, having a great team working for me, and making great noticeable progress on some key projects. It certainly makes it easier to go to work every day when things are going well.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment