Tuesday, March 9, 2010

the latest

Last week was my 3 year mark at Google. While this is big for me as it is officially the longest time I've been at any company, it is also HUGE in that I now get an extra week of vacation each year. Hello the Good Life!

So we finished our taxes last night. It became clear when we saw the final outcome that Angela and I had had very different perceptions about what was going to show up. I was very worried we were going to get stuck with a large tax bill, and Angela was convinced we were going to get a large refund. Turns out, we were both wrong... We pretty much hit our tax liability on the head this year - we owe a couple hundred to the Federales, and we get a few hundred back from the state. So good news for me, bad news for Angela (which of course in the grand scheme of things means bad news for me... dangit). I know a lot of financey folks who would jump for joy at not having "lent" the gov't their money ahead of time, but I admit that I have loved the large refunds we've grown accustomed to over the years.

Kennan and Morgan are performing in their school talent show today. They're singing a Miley Cyrus / Hannah Montana song, and they sound really good. They're throwing in some simple harmonies, and if they can just sing as well on stage as they do at home, they're going to be golden. I'm heading over for a quick break from work to see them do their thing.

Angela has been incredibly busy. She's in the thick of big school projects, and at the same time her YW camp stuff is also ramping up. I'm glad she's having these great opportunities, but it is also taking a toll on her. Hopefully she'll be able to unwind a little at the Richards Girls weekend this coming weekend. I'm looking forward to hanging with the munchkins for the weekend.

1 comment:

Anne & Brandon said...

We just did our taxes too, but we've had so much taken out that we're getting a nice refund. Now don't get too jealous, but we bought a motorcycle!