Thursday, January 28, 2010
Scritchers
Angela and I have decided to undertake our own personal Book of Mormon challenge. We are only doing 4 pages a day, so it's not quite as intense as some of the other ones we've participated in the past (usually 5 pages a day ... that's actually quite a difference), but it's been nice to get back into the Book at that level. We're currently on day 11.
The only problem with reading a set number of pages in a day is that I find that I won't really stop to mark something that I like because I'm pretty focused on getting my pages in. I've been really enjoying 1st Nephi again.
We're also trying extra hard to read with the kids every evening, and actually doing a pretty good job of it. It helps that we're in the coolest part of the book (end of Alma: Helaman & the 2,000, etc.). We go around and around the table with everyone reading one verse at a time. The kids really like to read (although we find ourselves sometimes changing the order if an especially long verse is scheduled to land on Morgan's turn - that's not fair, but in this we get somewhat focused on speed too...).
The only problem with reading a set number of pages in a day is that I find that I won't really stop to mark something that I like because I'm pretty focused on getting my pages in. I've been really enjoying 1st Nephi again.
We're also trying extra hard to read with the kids every evening, and actually doing a pretty good job of it. It helps that we're in the coolest part of the book (end of Alma: Helaman & the 2,000, etc.). We go around and around the table with everyone reading one verse at a time. The kids really like to read (although we find ourselves sometimes changing the order if an especially long verse is scheduled to land on Morgan's turn - that's not fair, but in this we get somewhat focused on speed too...).
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment