Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Hello? Anybody home?

Aaaannnnd, I'm back... Pretty long layoff, but I've been thinking of all sorts of fun things to update you on, so the next few posts will probably seem fairly scattered and random.

I looked out the window at 5:02pm today, and was very pleased and surprised to see how light it was. It seems like I sort of jumped from mid December when I was just waiting, waiting, waiting for 12/21 (shortest day of the year), and then next thing I know, the days are legitimately getting longer! Very happy about that!

OK, so we had a really nice Christmas trip to Utah. Our families gave us the royal treatment, and our only regret was that it is always so difficult to give ample time to each family and sub family. Thanks everyone for you patience with us, and we were very grateful for the times we had to spend with each of you.

We loved many things during the holiday break: skiing on soft, new snow (Solitude and Sundance); snowmobiling at the cabin; Christmas Eve and morning with the Richards; Christmas Day with the LeBras; basketball with the brothers; ice skating was actually very fun this year thanks to the "granny walkers" the rink has for the young kids; Wii games galore; lots of great food; Christine and Cameron's new baby; having a bed this time to sleep on; playing with cousins; movies (The Blind Side, Invictus, Alvin & the Chipmunks Squeakquel, Princess and the Frog); bowling; New Years at Matt's house; .... ok, I'm realizing I could go on and on, but great time!

And here's the thing with New Years - if you and everyone around you end up going to bed before midnight on New Years Eve, I've realized that you never really feel like the old year turned over to the new year. So since we did just that - all knocked out in the 11pm hour - I'm walking around still stuck in 2009, while all the party animals have moved on to 2010.

That's enough for now - there's more to write about a bunch of stuff, but that'll just give me more ammo for next time...

1 comment:

Whatcott said...

Oh how we wish you guys lived closer so things weren't such a whirlwind when you come. THANK YOU, THANK YOU for being here for us during our "unexpected" time of need. You and Angela are amazing parents and doing such a great job with your kids. I'm so glad we have you both as examples and we ADORE your kids too. Good luck getting back into the grind of things. Hope to see you in FEBRUARY???