Wednesday, September 16, 2009
The worst feeling in the world
Is there anything worse than getting into your car, turning the key, and nothing happening? We get so reliant on our cars, and our entire schedule revolves around being able to get where we need to go, when we need to go there, and not have to worry about only having one car. Tonight, it happened to me. I was all set to go to bishopric meeting and the car was completely dead. Angela had just driven it (on a side note, all the bad things that happen to our cars seem to happen either when she's driving them, or just did...hmmm), so I'm not sure it's the battery, although I'm really, really, really hoping that's all it is.
The problem as I see it now is that I can't get the car out of park, even if I turn the key, and the car is nose first in the garage. We have an old portable jumper that's charging tonight, but I'm expecting in the morning to have that not work, and truthfully I'm not sure where that leaves us. Not sure how to get the car out of the garage even if it does need to be towed...
This is when I start to really wish for a new car! Grrrrrrr....
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
that stinks. what you need to do is drown your sorrows in a week long lazy vacation on the beach. with witty, humorous and highly attractive friends to keep you company, of course.
When i couldnt get my car out of park, it was because i needed a new transmission. I sure hope this isnt your problem!
That's no fun! If you haven't fixed the problem yet there are a couple of ways to bypass park and get it into neutral that I know of. Let me know.
Post a Comment