Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Is it time? ... I think so

Quite a while ago when the stock markets were close to the beginning of their recessionary free fall, I decided I wanted to protect my 401K assets and I pulled everything out of stocks and put it into very conservative bonds and money market instruments. Well, I've been watching the markets and it feels like things have turned since this summer and appear to generally be headed back up. So I decided it was time to shift the 401K allocations back into stock funds, while leaving some in bonds for some diversification.

Believe me, I'm no expert. BY NO MEANS AM I RECOMMENDING YOU DO THE SAME!!! I just felt like it was time, especially given the longterm view I have on that savings mechanism and am willing to ride out the "normal" short term market fluctuations. Again, I'm not an expert, and I don't want anyone to construe this as something you should do too. But if the market is indeed headed back up, then I wanted to take part in that growth.

That's all.

1 comment:

samandbrodi said...

when you said 'By no means am I recommending you do the same!!!'...I realized that you were kidding about that--so I followed your advice.

I just put my entire life savings into a stock that is at the absolute bottom right now. I am not sure if you have hear of the company. Enron. Hey, it can only go up, can't it? I'll let you know how it goes. Thanks for the advice.

You guys are lucky to be headed to Hawaii. Enjoy and be safe!