Tuesday, September 8, 2009
Lots to Report
We have had a very eventful long weekend. So sit back, grab yourself a cool beverage and your favorite snack, and settle in...
Our great friend who has been patiently waiting for a lung transplant (and who also faithfully reads this blog when she's able), received the call last week and underwent a double lung transplant. There's still a long way to go for her, but we're so happy that she's been able to have this blessing, and in following her husband's blog updates, it sounds like things are progressing pretty well. Our prayers are with you Cammi.
Micah recently auditioned for the play, Annie, at the local theater company. She has been in a few of their productions before - Peter Pan, The Sound of Music, Aladdin - and those who have seen the plays can attest to the quality and professionalism. She did well in her audition and received a few callbacks for different parts, which happened throughout the week. Saturday was the big day for the cast list to come out, and as you can imagine, there was constant checking of the website. When it finally happened, we were all super excited to see that Micah got the part of Annie! She's going to be amazing, and we're very happy to support her in this, although it's going to be very tough with nightly rehearsals until mid November.
And speaking of Saturday, I watched one of the greatest victories in BYU football history with three of my buddies. You should have seen us, a bunch of grown men, jumping around hysterically and screaming ourselves hoarse as BYU defeated 3rd ranked Oklahoma on national TV. It was an amazing game, and has vaulted the program back into the national spotlight. I could go on and on about this, so I'll actually cut it short to spare you ... (but can't wait for this Saturday's game to see them again!)
Micah had a few new Jr. High friends over for a movie night on Saturday. We set up the projector and screen in the back yard and they had a fun time watching the new Hannah Montana movie. It's nice for her to start branching out with new friends as she meets lots of people at her new school.
We had two swim parties and BBQs yesterday - both very fun. One of them included a huge inflatable slide (like you see in those jumpy places) pointed into the pool, which made for hours of uninterrupted fun (for adults and children alike). It was great to hang out with lots of friends. I also went on three good bike rides this weekend - one mountain climb on Friday afternoon as everyone left work early, one Saturday afternoon to just get a quick blast of exercise, and a long one Monday morning with some buddies.
I took Brig and his little friend over to the tennis court on Saturday and we hit some balls. I was pleased that Brig is actually pretty coordinated and can hit the ball fairly consistently. He loves to do stuff like that, so I need to make sure we find the time to go when we can.
Kennan and I have been reading the Charlie Bone series of books - we're still on the first but just about done and already looking forward to the second. They're good, and different, from other things we've read, which is nice. I'm also reading Harry Potter 2 to Morgan, which she loves, and Micah and I are reading Lord of the Rings when we get a chance (not too much free time...). Micah and I rode our bikes to her school this morning and then I went on to work. I'm hoping we can do that a lot because it's fun to ride together, and it's a good habit to get into.
No bishopric changes to report - I'm thinking two or three weeks, which could be interesting since since on the 27th I fly back from Utah Sunday morning and land about 9:40 - 20 minutes before church starts. If that's the week of the change, I'm almost for sure going to walk into the meeting late. Hopefully it will happen before then!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment