Friday, April 3, 2009

Let's just forget this week ever happened

This has been kind of a lame week. I woke up Monday morning with the flu, and while I generally feel better now, I've been left with this lingering fatigue that has prevented me from fulfilling all my exercise goals this week other than a couple of feeble attempts to run and bike. Work has also been tough, particularly the last couple of days. There have been some problems with one of our big projects, which look like our fault to people not too familiar with the situation (i.e. the bosses a few levels up...), but that are not really our fault. However, of course we can't give a long detailed explanation about why we aren't to blame, because that just makes it sound worse... oh well, we'll just take our lumps and move on. I was up until 2am last night on the phone with Europe trying to resolve the mess though - not fun.

On the bright side though, Kennan and Morgan started their school play, Peter Pan, last night. I was not able to attend that performance, but will see tonight's and tomorrow's - I heard they did great. We've been having a bit of a hard time with the kids getting along this week. It seems like they're either really good, or really grumpy. They're probably a bit over-tired and stressed with all the activities - final play practices, piano lessons, tons of homework, doctor appts, and Ang has had a million school things as well.

Got a laugh this morning on my drive in to work. Was listening to this station that prides itself in being local and "organic" and community and somewhat hippy (which none of those describe me, but they play some good music sometimes...). They had on the SF Chronicle food critic who was coming on to talk about his newly released Top 100 restaurants in SF. It was so funny to me how large this guy's ego was, how important he thought he was, and how pretentious his weak attempts at false humility came off. Think Anton Ego in Ratatouille, but without the French accent. Anyway, thought it was ridiculous...

Enjoy the snow in Utah, the sunshine in Texas, the cheesesteaks in Philly, the Steelers in Pittsburgh, and the pretentious food critics in California.

No comments: