Monday, March 30, 2009
Micah and I are both sick today. We both woke up this morning with some pretty gnarly stomach problems. I've worked a little from home, although I had a very serious sleep during the middle of the day, and I'm just starting to get my appetite back. In fact, I'm craving chips...
We had an awesome Sunday yesterday. As was probably the case with most of you, it was our Fast Sunday because of General Conference. It was my turn to conduct, so I also got to start the meeting with my testimony. I tried to relay a simple, unplanned testimony of the basics of the gospel, and I really felt the spirit as I was doing it. Then every single testimony after that was just amazing - there were no wandering travel-logs, no sob-story monologues, just great, spirit-filled testimonies the whole meeting. There were no awkward breaks, but it wasn't a stampede to the pulpit either, just good people feeling the need at different times to share their testimony. It was awesome.
Just want to say we continue to be grateful for really great friends. We have some friends who are facing different trials and hardships at the moment, and our hearts and prayers really go out to them. We think a lot about the Brady's and the Williams's in particular, but we are aware of others with important needs as well. If you're reading this, please know that you enrich our lives much more than we probably add to yours - so thanks for your examples, your goodness, and for your friendship.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Thank you for the kind words, John. We sure appreciate all the love and support we have received. It has made such a difference - things have gone so smoothly and I'm certain it comes from all of the good wishes/prayers of our loved ones.
I really enjoy your blog (as do my mom and Lance.) I like that you discuss a variety of topics, have a witty sense of humor, tell funny stories about the kids (I love Brig's sense of humor)and keep us inspired with your exercise logs. It's so refreshingly different from all the "MOMMY BLOGS" out there! So, thank you for the good read each week!
Hope you guys are doing great. We sure miss everyone. We get a little more homesick as each month passes. Hopefully we will be home soon - HEALTHY and happy!
Cammi
Post a Comment