Wednesday, March 4, 2009
Stuff
Kennan got her braces today, with two shades of green colors in honor of St Patrick's Day coming up. You would think she had been given a gold medal as proud as she is about it. When she found out on Monday that she was getting them today, she waited until that evening to tell us, brought us all together for a big announcement, and then she could barely contain herself when she spilled the beans. What was funny was a few minutes later when Micah said, "so what's your big announcement?" I think maybe Micah was waiting for something cool/good, and for some reason getting braces didn't qualify in her mind - go figure.
When our friends Kathy and JD moved back to Utah, we were worried about Brig losing his two best buddies, Joey and Sam. It's turned out fine though as he loves playing with Jack and Alex, two other neighborhood boys, and aside from a few suggestions he's made to go play at Joey and Sam's grandma's house (where they were in Utah when we saw them), he's been great about it.
I'm doing a short sprint triathlon this Saturday - my first ever. Even though the distances are super short, I'm still nervous about it because we have to swim in the Bay. I'm most worried about swimming in salt water (gagging, etc.), and it will be cold as well. But it should be a really fun experience as it's my first, and it will get me used to making the transitions for my big race in a couple months. If I die in the water, Dan can have my bike as long as he doesn't get it stolen like his was.
I was really sorry (NOT!) that Utah lost to New Mexico last night, opening the door for BYU to potentially tie for the MWC crown. Of course the instant I wrote that in this blog, it virtually assured that BYU will now lose to Wyoming tonight and it will be a moot point, but still, never a bad thing to see the Utes suffer.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment