Monday, November 19, 2007

Work Slammage...

As you can tell, or maybe you can't, but the frequency of blog posts has slowed down significantly over the past few weeks. This is not due to writer's block, or a lack of postable material, it is simply due to a decrease in my work-life balance. Work has been increasingly busy, and due to a big new project, I have been missing more and more family dinners lately. It's ok, because this is a good opportunity for me, and this is very temporary, but it's been busy.

A couple of things I wanted to tee up as we head into this week. First, of course, is Thanksgiving. We'll miss being with all our family - this is one of our favorite times of year, and it's always a little sad to not be around family. Fortunately we have a really strong friend group out here, most of which don't have family close either, so we'll have some good friend time this week. I'm not going to lie and say I'm not happy about a few days off of work either.

Second thing worth mentioning is there are a couple of ginormous football games this week. I actually hate to even discuss the BYU-utah game because it just adds to the fire, but it will be a big one to test the progress of a Cougs team that has shown some vulnerabilities this year. As much as I wish I could go to the game, I DON'T miss living in Utah during the buildup to the game (and sometimes for the aftermath...depending on the outcome). The other big game for our family is the Texas-texas a&m game. Sure it's not as big as Texas-oklahoma, but it's a fun one nonetheless and it's looking good for the Horns this year. Anyway, good games on from Thanksgiving on - so enjoy the weekend.

If I don't have time to post again, have a happy and safe Thanksgiving, and don't eat too much!!! We love you all.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

have a good thanksgiving! we'll miss you guys.
i was just thinking i can't remember the last time we've seen you on thanksgiving?? it's been a while.

Anonymous said...

I'll be at the game. I'm pumped/nervous. The Utes are looking really good right now. I found it interesting that today they interviewed Eric Weddle today (some of that pre-game buildup), and he was saying that he thought the Ute defense is better this year than any year he was there. That's a little scary when you consider how good is was and that included the Urban team. But then again, what is he supposed to say. It will be a lot of fun. Hope you guys have a Happy Thanksgiving.

samandbrodi said...

John--I just found your blog thru Spence and Molly's blog. It has been a while and it was nice to catch up on everything you are all doing. Being back in Utah, I don't enjoy the buildup to the big game this Saturday, but I look forward to actually watching the game. Go Utes!

We have to get the Richards boys out this Christmas season for some more hoops. Take care----Sam

jamkmb said...

Sam- welcome to our little family/friend blog. It's nice to hear from old friends!

I hope you have a very happy thanksgiving right up until about noon on Saturday, then I hope you cry and sulk for the rest of the weekend.